Ofsted recognises the importance of outdoor play and St Aidans is able to offer free access from the
pre school room to our outdoor area. We have a covered area so the outdoors can be used all year
round, making it an extension of the indoor area. Children can then transfer learning from inside to
outside and vice versa which helps to reinforce their learning.
We have an area to promote gross motor skills with scooters, bikes, crate and tyres.
We also have;
- Seating areas for picnics
- Outdoor table top activities
- Garden area where children can grow their own vegetables and flowers
- Quiet areas
- Digging areas
- Creative play areas
- A nature area (with a pond and seating area)
- Large construction and challenging resources